Thank you for your interest in City Homes service. If you decide to take advantage of our full management service we can offer you the following:
- Free, no obligation rental evaluation.
- Professional advertising of your property including ‘To Let’ boards, photographs, internet, newspaper advertisements and placement on our lettings boards to suit your needs.
- We carry out thorough reference checks for all tenant applications including credit checks when requested and landlord & employer references.
- We collect all rent payments and then this is paid directly to you on a monthly basis.
- Our team works hard and aims to find tenants to match your unique preferences.
- We take care of all paperwork from start to finish.
- Our team ensures all tenants comply with the terms and conditions of the tenancy including performing interim inspections, with recommendations to you of property works required, if any.
- Local authority contracts available subject to property acceptance.
- Organising Electrical, Plumbing & Gas safety certificates if required.
- UK BIA contracts available subject to property acceptance.
- Management of property while vacant between maintenance and lets
- Company lets available subject to property acceptance.
- Lock changing service and security checks during tenancy changes.
- You will also have access to our 24 hour maintenance service line (one call to sort it all).
We do have minimum criteria for our residential let properties. A list of the minimum criteria is stated below, for more information please contact us.
- We expect that properties be clean and well maintained and presented.
- We require all properties to have a minimum of light fittings, curtain tracks and carpets/laminate flooring throughout as well as vinyl/laminate in the kitchens and bathrooms.
- We require 3 sets of keys for each property to be provided to the office. One set will be held securely by us in case of emergency.
- Part furnished properties should include white goods.
- Fully furnished properties should include suitable furniture that is in reasonable condition and meets current fire and safety regulations.
- For health and safety purposes all properties MUST be fitted with operational smoke alarms and be compliant with the relevant British Standards Building Regulations. In houses of multiple occupation smoke & heat detectors to be mains powered with battery backup and interlinked to BS 5446 or its equivalent. The will also meet local fire and rescue service requirements.
- Gas & Electric checks must be carried out and certified.
- All upholstered furniture must conform to fire and safety standards and have approved labels fitted. After 1st October 2008, all privately rented properties must have a valid EPC (Energy Performance Certificate).
We can help if your property does not meet the requirements above. Our maintenance department will be happy to help and advise you with any questions or upgrades you require.
Please find below our charges on residential lettings. These prices are effective as of January 2017; we are always working hard to offer a fair and effective price solution for customers.
Management Service's Charge
One off Initial sign up cost £300.00 + Vat
(Inclusive of advertising, tenant credit checks and contractual agreements)
Monthly commission cost 10% + vat
Tenancy renewal cost £200.00 + vat for the first renwal
Additional Service's Charges
Gas safety certificate £65.00
(Not including any work(s) required, one appliance)
Electrical safety certificate £80.00
(Not including any work(s) required)
Energy Performance certificate £75.00
(Legal requirement on all properties from Oct 2008)
Check out our NEW Premium Package & what it covers
Please call our dedicated team for prices - 01733 348677
Boiler & central heating Breakdown cover (No Call out charges applicable)
Roof leaks & Blocked drainages
Legal costs covered ref eviction
EPC Certificate & Gas certificate
All general maintenance cover
6 months landlord statements
3 month inspection reports
Full DVD and photos inventory reports
All viewing accompanied
All cleaning in and out of house covered
Advertised on our websites and all major portholes with Full colour brochure
Landlord contract fee
JUST A ONE OFF PER YEAR FEE (TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLY) CALL NOW!
The following is a comprehensive list of the services City Homes provides for Landlords and Investors whose properties are managed:
- SNAGGING we thoroughly snag your property and provide a list of outstanding works to your building, with the belief that a quality property will result in minimum disruption for all parties involved.
- TENANTS we endeavour to provide our Landlords with good quality tenants who have passed our referencing and credit check procedures.
- TENANCY AGREEMENT we will prepare two copies of the tenancy agreement. This is a legal and binding document that protects the welfare of you and your property.
- CHECK INVENTORY we will prepare two copies of the inventory for your property. This ensures that when the tenant vacates there is no dispute over the condition of your property.
- END OF TENANCY we will make the necessary appointments to check out tenants at the end of their tenancy agreement. This involves thoroughly checking the conditions of each room in your property against the inventory. We photograph and document any damage to your property, ensuring that all costs of repairs will be recovered from the tenant. We also collect any keys on your behalf.
- MANAGEMENT we offer a full management service for just a one of fee of £300.00 + Vat to cover initial inspections, advertising, “To Let” boards, tenant referencing etc. and then just 10% + Vat of the monthly rent. We ensure that the rent is collected and passed onto out Landlords promptly and we deal with any problems the tenants may have.
- FURNISHING we are able to supply the complete Landlord’s furnishing package or just carpets, blinds and lighting.